OCCUPATIONAL HEALTH AND SAFETY POLICY
The Board of Directors of the company, recognising the importance of occupational health and safety risks, is committed to implementing the necessary actions to provide safe and health-friendly conditions for the prevention of work-related injuries and health degradation, which are appropriate to the objective, the size and context of each company, and the specificity of the risks for employees both in the company and in the other companies integrated into the Group, as well as in their spheres of influence, thereby contributing to the implementation of Sustainable Development Goals (SDGs) three and eight approved by the United Nations.
2. Basic principles of action
In order to achieve this objective, the Group is committed to respecting and promoting, among others, the following fundamental principles that must govern all its activities:
- The quality, productivity and profitability of its activities are as important as the safety and health of the people involved in the value chain, including their emotional, psychological and social well-being. These are all permanent and fundamental objectives of the Group.
- The safety of people must always prevail. The prevention of work-related injuries and ill-health is achieved by allocating the necessary resources and training to this end.
- The integration of occupational health and safety into all business processes is a fundamental principle of efficiency, performance and collective responsibility.
- The understanding of health as a state of complete physical, mental and social well-being, promoting mental health through actions that create environments and living conditions that support mental health and enable people to adopt and maintain healthy lifestyles.
3. Commitments to occupational health and safety
The Group's objective and basic principles of occupational health and safety are reflected in the following commitments, which are assumed by the management and promoted at all organisational levels:
- Meeting or exceeding legal requirements and other obligations regarding the prevention of occupational risks.
- Eliminating hazards and reducing risks to occupational health and safety.
- The integration of occupational health and safety criteria into all decisions, business processes and work methods, so that members of the management team, executives, technicians and employees fully assume their responsibilities.
- Continuous improvement of occupational health and safety management systems.
- Consultation and participation of all employees in occupational health and safety.
4. Instruments for making and promoting occupational health and safety commitments
The Group's occupational health and safety commitments are promoted by:
- A clearly defined, decentralised organisational structure and responsibilities based on the principle of subsidiarity.
- The occupational health and safety risk management policy.
- The development and implementation of a system of global occupational health and safety standards that determines minimum occupational health and safety thresholds and ensures the harmonisation of criteria applied in all Group companies.
- Obtaining and maintaining occupational health and safety certifications in accordance with the most demanding international standards.
- The efficient allocation of appropriate technical, economic and human resources.
- The regular development of specific strategic plans that identify strategic priorities and key prevention issues.
- The establishment of specific, indicative, challenging and verifiable occupational health and safety targets.
- The exchange of good occupational health and safety practices between all Group companies.
- Continuous training, education and information for managers, middle managers and employees to encourage safe behaviour and to raise awareness of the impact of their work on the safety of people, processes and facilities.
- Effective coordination and collaboration with suppliers and service providers to ensure that occupational health and safety is present in all the services and work carried out in the Group's facilities.
- The establishment of collaborative relationships with the different public administrations competent in occupational health and safety in order to be a positive reference in this area wherever the Group operates.
- Participation in international initiatives, ratings and indices related to occupational health and safety.
Through these elements, the different levels of the company must be aware of the importance of occupational health and safety in the planning and further development of interventions, and that all employees contribute through their daily work to the achievement of the established objectives in this area.